¡Solo en Internet!
This book, an Open access peer-reviewed Edited Volume, mainly deals with pre- and postharvest management practices of the strawberry to ensure that high-quality fruits are delivered to the consumer.
The influence of climatic variables, cultural practices, harvesting techniques, and use of chemicals and other natural compounds on fruit quality are discussed. Factors affecting fruit growth and development and processes regarding maturation and biochemical changes during fruit ripening are also presented in one of the chapters of this book.
Some chapters provide information regarding harvesting, storing, packaging, transporting, and also selling that affect strawberry quality greatly. Enhancement of yield and antioxidant contents in the strawberry by various natural products, including chitosan and probiotic bacterial, are also included in this book.
The final chapter states that antioxidants present in strawberry fruit play a dietary role in alleviating oxidative stress in experimental liver models. This book focuses on the postharvest quality management of the strawberry and provides a useful resource to educationists, traders, and commercial strawberry growers.
1. The Effect of Preharvest Factors on Fruit and Nutritional Quality in Strawberry
By Toktam Taghavi, Rafat Siddiqui and Laban K. Rutto
2. Fruit Physiology and Postharvest Management of Strawberry
By Venkata Satish Kuchi and Ch. Sai Ratna Sharavani
3. Physical, Chemical and Processing Postharvest Technologies in Strawberry
By Rafael Ramirez, Laura Restrepo, Claudia Perez and Alejandro Jimenez
4. Postharvest Quality Management of Strawberries
By Muhammad Azam, Shaghef Ejaz, Rana Naveed Ur Rehman, Mumtaz Khan and Rashad Qadri
5. Improving Yield and Antioxidant Properties of Strawberries by Utilizing Microbes and Natural Products
By Mahfuz Rahman, Mosaddiqur Rahman and Tofazzal Islam
6. Management of Strawberry Insect and Mite Pests in Greenhouse and Field Crops
By Oscar Liburd and Elena Rhodes
7. Dietary Antioxidants in Experimental Models of Liver Diseases
By Sila Appak-Baskoy, Mustafa Cengiz, Ozgun Teksoy and Adnan Ayhanci
ACCESS to STRAWBERRY - Pre- and Post-Harvest Management Techniques for Higher Fruit Quality
Free download of the chapters; option to buy as hardcopy