¡Solo en Internet!
Editors: Manuel Talon Marco Caruso Fred Gmitter, jr. January 2020. Elsevier. 538 pp
The Genus Citrus presents the enormous amount of new knowledge that has been generated in recent years on nearly all topics related to citrus. Beginning with an overview of the fundamental principles and understanding of citrus biology and behavior, the book provides a comprehensive view from Citrus evolution to current market importance. Reporting on new insights supported by the elucidation of the citrus genome sequence, it presents groundbreaking theories and fills in previous knowledge gaps.
Includes the most current research on citrus genomic information
Provides the first detailed description of citrus origin, a new proposal for citrus taxonomy, and a redefinition of the genus Citrus
Details citrus challenges including climate change, global disease impacts, and plant improvement strategies
Table of Contents
1. The Citrus Genome, Fred Gmitter and Jr.
2. The Origin of Citrus, Manuel Talon
3. Domestication and History, Xiuxin Deng
4. The Genus Citrus, Patrick Ollitrault
5. Commercial Scion Varieties, Graham Barry
6. Commercial Rootstocks, Kim Bowman
7. Traditional Breeding, Marco Caruso
8. Genomic Breeding, Tokurou Shimizu
9. Biotechnological Approaches, Jude William Grosser
10. Vegetative Growth, Eduardo Primo and Manuel Agustí
11. Flowering and Fruit Set, Manuel Agustí and Eduardo Primo
12. Fruit Growth and Ripening, Francisco Tadeo
13. Citrus in changing environments, Christopher Vincent
14. Salinity and Water Deficit, Jose Manuel Colmenero-Flores
15. Soil and Nutrition Interactions, Dirceu Mattos-Jr.
16. Citrus pests in a global World, Alberto Urbaneja
17. Fungal Pathogens, Liliana Maria Cano
18. Bacterial Pathogens, Dean Gabriel, Timothy R. Gottwald, Silvio A. Lopes and Nelson A. Wulff
19. Virus and Viroids, Changyong Zhou, John da Graça, Juliana Freitas- Astúa, Georgios Vidalakis, Nuria Duran-Vila and Irene Lavagi
20. Culture and Management, Fernando Alferez
21. Pre- and Post-Harvest Technologies, Lorenzo Zacarias
22. Citrus taste and flavor, Yu Wang
23. Marketing, Trade, and Economics, Thomas Spreen
24. Citrus and Health, Masaya Kato