¡Solo en Internet!
By Elhadi Yahia & Armando Carrillo López. 1st Edition. 2018. Biotechnological concepts that control firmness, quality and the nutritional value of fruits. 510 pages. ISBN 9780128132791
Postharvest Physiology and Biochemistry of Fruits and Vegetables presents an updated, interrelated and sequenced view of the contribution of fruits and vegetables on human health, their aspects of plant metabolism, physical and chemical/compositional changes during the entire fruit development lifecycle, the physiological disorders and biochemical effects of modified/controlled atmospheres, and the biotechnology of horticultural crops.
The book is written specifically for those interested in preharvest and postharvest crop science and the impact of physiological and biochemical changes on their roles as functional foods.
Table of Contents
Foreword - Autar Mattoo
- Introduction - Elhadi M. Yahia
- Contribution of fruits and vegetables on human health - Elhadi M. Yahia
- Photosynthesis - Elhadi M. Yahia
- Respiration - Mikal Saltveit
- Ethylene - Alessandro Botton, Pietro Tonutti and Benedetto Ruperti
- Morphology and anatomy - Armando Carrillo López Sr.
- Ripening and senescence - Lorenzo Zacarias
- Transpiration - Juan Carlos Díaz Pérez
- Carbohydrates - Elhadi M. Yahia and Armando Carrillo López Sr.
- Organic acids - Jose Vallarino and Sonia Osorio
- Pigments - Alexei Solovchenko and Chunxian Chen
- Phenolic compounds - Emilio Álvarez Parrilla
- Lipids - Gustavo González Aguilar
- Texture - Josefa Adriana Sañudo Barajas, Leontina Lipan, Marina Cano Lamadrid, Rosabel Vélez de la Rocha, Luis Noguera-Artiaga, Lucía Sánchez Rodríguez, Ángel A. Carbonell Barrachina and Francisca Hernández
- Proteins - Azizah Misran
- Enzymes - Sunil Kumar
- Vitamins - Angelos K. Kanellis
- Minerals - Luis Romero
- Flavors and Aromas - Ángel A. Carbonell Barrachina
- Physiological responses to stress - Yoshihiro Imahori
- Physiological and biochemical effects of modified and controlled atmospheres - Pietro Tonutti, Dubravka Cukrov and Stefano Brizzolara
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology of Horticultural Crops - Martin Ernesto Tiznado Hernández
Access the document 'Postharvest Physiology and Biochemistry of Fruits and Vegetables'